Passionate about textiles and home interiors alike? Know your Kirkby from your Pierre Frey? Then The Hackney Draper would love to hear from you. From the shop floor to our bespoke team, we love to hear from individuals who are determined to join a energetic and design conscious team.
Read through below to discover our latest roles.
To apply for any position listed below, please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and state the job title in the Subject field. Please do not call the store.
Retail Store Manager
Location: Homerton, E5
Closes: September 1st 2020
The Hackney Draper is an East London homewares store, part of a business with a history of four generations of upholsterers and curtain makers.
We offer a comprehensive, well informed fully bespoke soft furnishing making and upholstery services. We help clients through every step from the selection of the fabric to the installation.
We have a full library of home furnishing fabrics from most major fabric houses and particularly like to support young local designers.
To compliment the furnishing services, we stock our curated palette of washed linen, velvet and other fabrics which sit alongside our very own paint range made by a local London based colour artisan.
We also stock a range of products for the home that fit in with our philosophy that practical items can and should be aesthetically pleasing, a pleasure to use and built to last, usually sourced from small, independent makers or families from around the world.
Summary Job Description
We are on the hunt for a driven and commercial creative Store Manager to 'own and drive' an exciting home furnishing business in London E5. This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting brand with immense market stretch potential in homewares and soft furnishings.
- To deliver growth in sales and in profit.
- To manage the look, image, and range of products in the store, ensuring look is cohesive and displayed effectively.
- To optimise online and social media strategies inc. our website and shopify platform, Trouva platform, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Management and direction of all staff on soft furnishings, buying and shop floor.
- R & Staff Responsibilities- recruitment, payroll, rotas, training, and appraisals.
- Stock control. Regularly checking stock and placing timely orders for repeat buys as well as researching or recommending new product in keeping with the stores vision.
Key Strengths Required – Experience of working in a commercial environment within Retail Management, Buying or Merchandising – preferably home furnishings/interior/textiles related
Relevant Experience - EPOS, Shopify, Trouva, textiles, homewares, soft furnishings, or interior design.