Join our Team
We are currently hiring for two roles:
‘Part Time Retail Assistant’ and 'Bespoke Project Manager'
Part Time Retail Assistant
The Hackney Draper is an independently run homeware store alongside a bespoke curtain, blind, upholstery and soft furnishings service.
About the role.
Responsibilities to include but not exclusive:
- Deliver a high standard of customer service and knowledge of our product offering.
- Maintain the daily running operations of our store, including following opening and closing procedures, physical stock replenishment and maintaining a presentable store.
- Provide the relevant information to customers of our bespoke services to deliver direction and advice to any future projects or enquiries.
- Operate our EPOS front and back office till system to include cash handling, banking and accurate stock taking.
- Monitor and fulfil ecommerce orders.
- A ‘hands on approach’ is essential to this role as you will be working alongside a small team and independently run store.
- A general knowledge of Microsoft programmes is beneficial but not essential.
- This role requires set shifts from Thursday to Saturday, however flexibility for other working shifts is essential.
Last updated 15.04.21
Bespoke Project Manager
Key Roles and Responsibilities within Project Management
- Managing all aspects of bespoke projects from consultation through to installation, including the ordering of products, workshop liaison and fitting logistics.
- Advising clients on suitable colour, fabric and design choices both in store and during home consultation.
- Producing client estimates
- Conducting site visits and measuring for client projects
- Adhering closely to budgets and managing profit margins
- Liaising closely with workshop staff and suppliers
- Managing client databases
- Working closely with the bespoke team and to assist in the smooth functioning and driving of the business
Key Roles and Responsibilities for Architect Relationships and Development
- Be the lead contact for architect relationships within the The Hackney Draper bespoke team
- Develop marketing approach towards architects to increase the business within this area
- Maintain and update fabric library with new collections
- Follow trends within textiles and ensure these are appropriately reflected to align with the The Hackney Draper brand
Skills and experience
- Interior design experience a strong plus
- A passion for textiles and upholstery
- Experience in handling client accounts and strong project management skills
- Experience in managing budgets and working within Excel and online systems
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- The ability to multitask, maintain focus under pressure and ensure accuracy and attention to detail at all times
- Strong administrative skills
- A flexible approach and ‘can do’ attitude, with well-developed team working skills
- Textiles and/or interior design degree a plus
Apply with CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading: Bespoke Project Manager Application
Deadline: 14th June 2021
Only successful applicants will be contacted